Based in Puebla, Puebla
Steam: March 16 2018. PSVita - Nintendo Switch: May 2018.
PC / Mac / PS Vita / Nintendo Switch
Pato Box is an adventure/fighting game inspired by the “Punch-Out!!” series, taking place in the building of a corrupt corporation named Deathflock. You play as Patobox, a boxing champion with a special distinction of having a duck’s head on a man’s body. He has been betrayed by members of Deathflock, the same company that has been sponsoring him during his career. Patobox will find retribution by hunting down Deathflock’s henchmen while discovering the dark secrets the company hides and the truth behind his treason one fight at a time. The world of Pato Box is full of mysteries and strange characters that will make you wonder if everything is just a dream. Learn more about the world just as if you were reading a graphic novel! Pato box is made for people that love a mystery and want to play and experience something different.
Patobox is a boxer with the peculiar feature of having a ducks head. He is the favorite in the great boxing championship with his partner Kilpatrik. Together they represent Deathflock, an organization involved in illicit business and that presumably pre arranging fights for their own benefit, manipulating Patobox to make money out of his victories. Patobox is betrayed by his team during the second round of the fight and that is how he loses the fight. Deathflock stabs him outside of the arena once the championship finishes and leaves him on the brink of death. Patobox awakes to find out that his wounds where healed by a familiar figure and now his only purpose is not to seek revenge but retribution by reclaiming his title and honor.
- Innovative visual proposal, inspired by graphic novels and comics.
- 2D Art mixed with a 3D world that feels just as you where inside a comic book.
- Interactive dialogues. Learn more about Deathflock and Patobox by talking to members of the organization and reveal their dark secrets, what is Deathflock hiding and what it means to our hero Patobox?
- A story full of mistery and intrigue where the player will find the secret behind the betrayal of Patobox.
- Explore a world full of traps and mini games.
- Using boxing techniques find and fight 7 different bosses with unique abilities and mechanics. Learn everything about those bosses before you engage them by exploring Deathflock’s headquarters and get ready for really challenging fights that will test your reflexes and abilities as a boxing duck!
- Hidden collectables to expand the story. Reveal the darkest secrets of the game by reading special documents with more information about the background of the members of Deathflock and even Patobox himself!
- Box’s music takes inspiration on other artists like Kavinsky and other soundtracks like Drive and Hotline Miami. Pato Box's music uses 80’s synthesizers and a mix of Tecnho, Synthpop and Progressive House Music to give a retro but at the same time modern feeling to the game.
Release Trailer YouTube
Pato Box Switch Trailer YouTube
A full action duck fighting experience YouTube
Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection PAX Rising 2018, PAX South." San Antonio, January, 2018
- "Award in Game Design and Narrative by the Concurso Nacional del Videojuego" Mexico City, 14 december, 2017
- "Finalist of the Indie Game Contest in The Strasbourg European Fantastic Film Festival" Strasbourg, Septiembre, 2017
- "Official Selection for the Videogame Showroom 2017 by Pixelatl" Cuernavaca, September, 2017
- "Project We Love, Kickstarter" March, 2017
- "Official Selection PAX Rising 2017, PAX East" Boston, March, 2017
- "The best way to describe it is as a somewhat lo-fi mashup between Nintendo’s Super Punch Out!!, a first-person adventure game, and a black and white noir comic, but that barely scratches the surface of its surreal atmosphere and tone, which combines humor and revenge themes with a pop art sheen."
- Leonardo Faierman, Black Girl Nerds
- "En Pato Box vivimos la caída y ascenso de un plumífero Boxeador."
- David Vigón Rodríguez, UVE Juegos
- "Pato Box is a very cool blend of third person adventure, beat ‘em up and Punch-Out!!-inspired boxing that sees you playing an anthropomorphic duck who sets out for revenge after being betrayed by a mysterious organisation known as Deathflock."
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "Your hero is the boxing champ named Patobox, a tortured soul unable to speak his mind or express himself other than through his fists."
- Khee Hoon Chan, Unwinnable
- "Are you a fan of dark stories about betrayal and sports drama? Do you like striking comic book inspired art styles? Have you ever played Punch Out and thought "This game would be much better if the main character was a duck?" That's Pato Box for you!"
- Team Pizza, What the FNU
- "Entrevista en Podcast Pix the Pod (A partir del minuto 60:45)."
- El Cacho Bautista, Podcast Pix the Pod
- "La obra de Bromio propone descubrir las adversidades que presenta una peligrosa mafia del boxeo a través de lo que son peleas al mero estilo Punch-Out!! y resolviendo puzzles con nuestro protagonista el cabeza de Pato."
- Paul Capibara, I Love Videojuegos
We have a blog with a lot of interesting information about the game. bromio.com.mx.
We successfully funded the development of the game in march 2017, you can check out our Kickstarter page in: kickstarter.com.
Our Steam page store is: store.steampowered.com.
Available on: soundcloud.com.
We parepared a gif package that you can use on your post. bromio.com.mx.
You can grab the beta at itch.io: bromiodev.itch.io.
Bromio is a Mexican independent game studio, focused on delivering small but innovative game proposals to different platforms.
More information on Bromio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pato Box Credits
Samir Duran Kuri
Production and Administration
Antonio Gutiérrez Gallardo
Programming and Game Design
César Arminio López Velarde
Art Direction, Game Design and Creative Administrator
Colette Gelabert Dorame
2D Art and Animation
Luis Enrique Vera Priego
Heriberto Toxqui Cano
2D Art and Social Media
2D Art and 3D Art
Claudia Quezada (Hioseb)
2D Art and 3D Art
Music and SFX
Luis Vázquez de Lara
Music and SFX